5 Tips to Sell Your Condo Quickly
There are many reasons why you might want (or need) to sell your condo quickly. For example, you may have been transferred or relocated to a new job location or you may have a baby on the way and need a bigger home. We are constantly working with sellers that have a vast range of wants and needs, and timing requirements.
When it comes to selling your condo, a buyer will come to several different conclusions in the first few minutes (and sometimes even seconds if they’re looking online). It is so important to capture their attention right away. In addition to your own eye, our agents can offer specialized advice and tips on a walk through in person, as they have a ton of knowledge and experience when it comes to preparing properties for sale.
We’ve compiled some tips to help you prepare to sell your condo quickly, and for the most money possible.
Be realistic with your price. If you over-price your condo, then you’re not going to get as many potential purchasers. You want the price to be attractive, which means listing at the current market value. An experienced real estate agent can help you price your property appropriately, in order to ensure you’re getting the most money for your condo, without pricing it too high.
Get things fixed. You don’t want potential purchasers walking through your condo noticing wear and tear. If there are scratches on the walls or floors, or minor repairs to be done, get them done prior to anyone walking through.
Ensure your home is presented well. When selling your condo, you only get to make a first impression once. Usually, the first impression is way before any buyer makes it to your home. In today’s market, the first impression starts online, when a potential buyer sees the first photo. Our office places huge importance on not only the quality of photos, but which photos we decide to feature first. As a seller, all of your responsibility lies in how your home looks when the photographer arrives. We always recommend staging a vacant property, as it’s much easier for buyers to picture themselves in (and fall in love with) the space if the room has furniture and decor. Is your property tenanted? If your tenants are willing to work with you, it’s our recommendation that you go in and re-arrange and tidy with them to make sure you’re showing off each space in the best way. If you live in your home there are many ways that you can de-clutter, organize and ensure your home is showing well:
- Add a couple of flowering plants to key spots in your home, such as the entrance, living room and dining room.Put out a welcome mat that is clean, completely free of stains, and neutral. (Not only for a welcoming effect, but also so that people have somewhere to leave their shoes when they enter your home!)
- Clean your stainless steel sink and appliances with a special stainless steel cleaner and brightener, to make them look like new again. (Magic Erasers can work well on the sink too!)
- Replace dated or out-of-style light fixtures, switches and hardware, especially in the main areas of your condo.
- Consider also replacing dated hardware on your kitchen and bathroom cabinetry to give them a more modern look.
- Tuck away personal items like toothbrushes and family photos so that potential buyers can see themselves in the space.
- Use a touch of color in each room to add some style to your home.
Be as flexible as possible. You want to ensure that any time you get a showing request for your condo, you are able to accommodate (within reason). The more potential purchasers you can get through the door, the better chance you have to sell your condo quickly.
Work with an experienced real estate agent that understands your condo, and the area that it’s in. Here are 10 reasons why.
Of course, there’s no guarantee of how fast your condo will sell, but you have a better chance of selling your condo quickly, and for top dollar, when you use an experienced real estate agent.
If you are looking to sell your property in the current market, or in the future, it’s important to have an expert real estate agent on your side.
Contact a Condo Expert today!
Come meet your Condo Experts, and visit our modern new office, designed to enrich your buying and selling experience, located at 102-3645 Tillicum Road, Victoria, BC. In the meantime, search through thousands of listings in the Greater Victoria Area here.